4.26.2012

hello you classy blog you

So, epic first post, here we go!

Well... we're finally settled into our new abode. Yes, we actually moved in over a month ago on St. Patty's day... swapping green beer and crowded bars for boxes and heavy lifting. But, with the plethora of visitors we've had and a quick out of town trip there has been VERY little(no, actually z.e.r.o) time to actually settle in and make this place feel like home. That is exactly what my hermit self has done the last week. SETTLE. Yup. Starting to feel a little bit like a hermit, but after what feels like a billion years of being out of room or packed into boxes and completely out of routine... we are getting into a "normal" schedule. Yeah, air quotes because with Cole, Katie, and just turned 3 month old Ben we are still redefining our "normal." :)

Took this picture on a beautiful spring day last week... my azalea's are in full bloom. A beautiful, bright, pink-- my favorite! So many projects in the works for both the outside and inside. We did get our garden in a few weeks ago. The kids were all too excited to accompany Jeff to the store to pick out what was getting planted. Such adorable little helpers. We've already had a few sprouts, and here's hoping our recent (and random) cold fronts aren't doing the rest of them in! My little gardener's would be so disappointed. 


Up next on the agenda is making some flower beds and getting my annuals planted. Then we tackle redecorating the master bedroom. Totally going to try my hand at resurfacing and distress painting our dressers. I like to really pretend I'm a DIY kinda chick... but I've never tackled a project this big before. Have you tried this??? If you're DIY savvy and have done this before leave me a comment. I'd love to hear how you did it!!

Lastly, made a super yum snack for the kids today. After nap time munchies set in and I realized that our house is out of anything I would deem decent for snack food ( read: we have only Easter candy left! haha!) I set off to find a simple recipe for banana muffins. I came across an adorable blog called Mommy Hates Cooking . (Too cute, right??) Follwed the recipe and voila! Delicious, super easy, chocolate chip banana muffins! The only change I made was substituting honey for the sugar. Turned out amazing, kids (and hubby) gobbled them up! A success in my book.

Alright... high five for first post, loves!! 






No comments:

Post a Comment