5.11.2012

High Five for Friday!

Happy Friday! It's that time again! Linking up for the weekly High Five for Friday hosted by Lauren @ From my Grey Desk.

So... this week has been lovely. Here are my high 5's!

1. 

Today is the Mother's Day Tea hosted at my oldest son's preschool. The kids host all the mother's to tea and treats they've made, complete with cards and songs and lots of snuggles. I loved it last year... and Cole was so proud of himself to get to take me on a date. He picked out his own shirt this morning and told me to "be a little fancy" for our special day. :) Can't disappoint my 5 year old stud! I freshly polished my nails and have my outfit all picked out. Love this boy!

mother's day tea last year

growing up too fast!

2.

I finally have the kid's rooms coming together. When we moved into this house the kid's rooms needed a lot of work. I hated the way they had been decorated (or not decorated) before. So, lots of painting, and moulding, and shopping... and we're almost finished! Here are the before's and after's:

Cole's Room

Before:

After:







Katie's Room:

Before:



After:







A little girly?? I think yes! She loves it. 

3.

Thanks to my sweet hubby getting me a Starbuck's gift card, Katie and I enjoyed a sweet morning together on Monday. See post below. Love this chick!


4.

Ben slept for over 6 hours strait through last night. Speaking as a mother of 3, that is (at least for my kids) amazing at the 3 month mark! 


5. 

Made super yummy brownies with the kiddos this week! Yes, I restrained myself and only taste tested one of them (that post-baby weight isn't going to lose itself, you know!) But my kids love to help bake... so it was fun to have them help (read: lick off batter and frosting from spoons.) 


Look at that chocolate face! :)


Hope you all have a great weekend! 








2 comments:

  1. The rooms look so nice!! beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rooms are so beautiful! You are very talented!

    Monica
    www.myredandpurplelife.com

    ReplyDelete